Our amazing babymoon on Hamilton Island via @DianaWilsonInc
Welcome to Hamilton Island Beach Club. Relaxing with Ava bump on Catseye Beach wearing Zimmermann one piece. Zimmermann Resort dress. Feeling Fruity at Breakfast. Room with a view at The Beach Club Resort. With the Hubby on Whitehaven beach. Coconut waters by the pool. Ava bump at 24 weeks wearing Basic Goodness Love tank. Admiring the view over the infinity pool. Azure waters of Whitehaven Beach. Outfit Du Jour wearing Camilla kaftan. Goodbye Hamilton, we’ll be back!
Having just booked our baby-moon to Hamilton Island (oh yeah, we’re having a baby folks) I thought I’d continue my Travel Essentials series with what to pack for a Beach Getaway.
To avoid overpacking, and have enough space for those holiday purchases, follow these simple rules
- Neutrals work best; add pops of colour with accessories.
- Pack double duty pieces; a tunic is a coverup by day and a going out top worn with white jeans and a gold statement necklace by night.
- Leave high maintenance pieces which need to be ironed at home.
- 3 pairs of shoes maximum (+ a pair of sneakers if you’re planning to exercise. Yeah right you say!)
What To Pack
- Tote bag; does triple duty as carry on, beach bag and shopping tote.
- Sun hat; panama, trilby or cap.
- 3 swimsuits
- Rash guard if planning water activities
- 2 tunics or 2 sundresses, they’ll serve as coverups by day and going out pieces once the sun goes down
- Evening maxi dress
- 2 t-shirts & 3 tank tops
- 2 going out tops; metallics look great on tan skin
- Two pairs of shorts; denim & white
- One skirt; make sure it works well with with your tees and tank tops.
- White jeans
- Light knit
- 1 pair flip flops
- 1 pair of beaded/sparkly flat sandals
- 1 pair wedges
- Sneakers, if exercising
- A few statement jewellery pieces; statement necklace, gold earrings, stackable bangles
- And don’t forget Lingerie, PJ’s, exercise gear, toiletries including sunscreen, insect repellant & pain relief
See what to take On Board The Plane
Part One: On board the plane
Clients love my Travel Essentials Check Lists. These list will ensure you pack the right items, don’t forget anything and have a stress free holiday (Because we all know the wrong wardrobe can ruin a great holiday, right ladies?!)
I’ve compiled a collection of 4; On board the Plane, Beach Getaway, Skiing Trip and Globetrotter Holiday, it’s as easy as print, pack, tick.
First up is my ‘On The Plane’ carry on checklist:
- Travel wallet (with passports, some currency, itinerary including hotel addresses, boarding passes)
- iPad, iPhone, Book/Magazine, Chargers, Travel Adapter, Spare iPhone Battery.
- A wrap that doubles as a blanket. If you’re able, buy cashmere, it’s super soft and warm but lets your skin breathe. Socks, and Sunglasses for when you land.
- Noise reduction headphones, earplugs and silk eye mask for better sleep.
- A good facial moisturiser (or face mask for those with dry skin), cleanser, lip balm, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, facial spray, hand sanitizer and perfume.
- Mints, bottled water (drink at least a litre every 2 hours) Coconut water, hydration salts and camomile tea.
If you’d like all my travel checklists just send an email to Enquiries@DianaWilsonInc.com
Today and Always