Yes it exists. And better yet, its delicious. I get so many requests for this recipe when I post it on my personal instagram I’ve decided to spread the love… and goodness! Because it’s really as good as it looks!
I basically use Gwyneth’s Banana Date muffin recipe from her It’s All Good cook book, but use Spelt flour from Birregurra Flour Mill instead of gluten free, which in my opinion, makes all the difference!
- 2 cups of Spelt or Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod
- 6 large dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds/peacans/walnuts, I use whatever we have in
Preheat oven to 190 deg c. Line a small bread tin with paper.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
In a seperate bowl whisk together bananas, maple syrup, olive oil, milk and the vanilla. I like to use the thermomix for this as it blends it perfectly. If you like to keep your banana bread more textured use a whisk.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, toss in the dates and seeds/nuts and fold them in with a spatula. Place batter in bread tin and bake for 30-40 min.