Having just booked our baby-moon to Hamilton Island (oh yeah, we’re having a baby folks) I thought I’d continue my Travel Essentials series with what to pack for a Beach Getaway.
To avoid overpacking, and have enough space for those holiday purchases, follow these simple rules
- Neutrals work best; add pops of colour with accessories.
- Pack double duty pieces; a tunic is a coverup by day and a going out top worn with white jeans and a gold statement necklace by night.
- Leave high maintenance pieces which need to be ironed at home.
- 3 pairs of shoes maximum (+ a pair of sneakers if you’re planning to exercise. Yeah right you say!)
What To Pack
- Tote bag; does triple duty as carry on, beach bag and shopping tote.
- Sun hat; panama, trilby or cap.
- 3 swimsuits
- Rash guard if planning water activities
- 2 tunics or 2 sundresses, they’ll serve as coverups by day and going out pieces once the sun goes down
- Evening maxi dress
- 2 t-shirts & 3 tank tops
- 2 going out tops; metallics look great on tan skin
- Two pairs of shorts; denim & white
- One skirt; make sure it works well with with your tees and tank tops.
- White jeans
- Light knit
- 1 pair flip flops
- 1 pair of beaded/sparkly flat sandals
- 1 pair wedges
- Sneakers, if exercising
- A few statement jewellery pieces; statement necklace, gold earrings, stackable bangles
- And don’t forget Lingerie, PJ’s, exercise gear, toiletries including sunscreen, insect repellant & pain relief
See what to take On Board The Plane